So today I had enough emails from Mr. Barack Obama and I decided to unsubscribe from their email list. They asked for a reason so I gave them the following:
Â You have my vote, quit emailing me.
I am awesome.
Well anyhow I figured since I want to read your emails maybe I could support you by donating some money… all they accept is credit cards, so I wrote in and told them they should also take paypal donations… Fuck giving them my CC info.
Lastly as I was looking at the site they were pushing http://my.barackobama.com/ which is pretty much a niche rip-off of myspace. Here you can do the following:
- build your own profile and connect with supporters near you
- find or create your own local or national group
- create your own personal fundraising page and track your progress
- find events near you or plan your own
- chronicle your campaign experience on your own blog
Well this kind of pushed me over the edge… I do not see the point, and I would never join a social network on a political website. I think it is kind of lame that they are using “web 2,0” to promote their agenda… maybe I am just getting old?