Seriously, WTF is going on. I know I stay up way too late, and back in the day I would be able to hear birds sing when I would try and go to bed. This would be around the same time as the sun was coming up, which I think is reasonable…probably around 5-6am. Not a big deal.
Lately something has seemed to change in these birds, and they start singing at 5am, 4am, 3am and a new and improved 2:45AM. WTF is going on?
My possible theories on this are:
- The light pollution from the city has them messed up
- This is a new breed of "the early bird gets the worm ALL AMERICAN song birds" who no longer sleep in like the birds of yesteryear.
- The world is seriously fucked and this is just one more of the side effects.
- I should get to bed before midnight and avoid these annoying insomniac birds.
- Maybe this bird was sent here to get me to go to bed. When the bird starts singing I need to get to bed?
- My mom suggested that maybe the babies are hungry and waking the parents up. I don't buy it.
Since my mom has heard this, I am guessing others have as well. Is it isolated to the Chicagoland area? Is it happening by you? WTF is going on and how do I stop it?