I just happen to know some of the TOP DAWGs, or the big cheeses in the SEO Industry, so when I needed to train an employee on link building I figured I would ask them what I should make them read.
These are the results: http://twitter.com/wertrose … just kidding, that was still in my clipboard.
I actually read these before I sent them and wrote the descriptions myself. I have not done link building for a while so it was a really good refresher course for me. Also rereading Bretts 26 steps was a good idea. He was pretty solid on those fundamentals. Much of the shit I have done over the last few years was short lived and destructive… normal high risk/high return stuff. It have been a good few years, but if I was building quality long term sites I would be in a better place today (c:
Rae Said the Following:
- Overview of why links matter (http://www.sugarrae.com/why-links-matter-so-simple-a-monkey-could-understand-it/)
- Overview on how to build a quality site
- Interview with 5 link â€œExpertsâ€
- Interview with 11 link â€œExpertsâ€
- Raes Link Building presentations from pubcon (http://www.sugarrae.com/pubcon-2007-download-the-presentations/)
- Why cracking down on paid links is stupid/impossible (http://www.sugarrae.com/google-doesnt-know-the-face-of-evil/)
- More demystifying of the link buying scare (http://www.sugarrae.com/why-google-shouldnt-penalize-me-for-their-incompetence)
Aaron Said to check out these:
- SEO / Link Building for Bloggers
- Link Baiting Strategies
- 101 link Building Tips
- A big list of â€œlink building secretsâ€ some of these are actually funny. A bunch are creative- (http://www.polepositionmarketing.com/seo-sem/link-building-secrets/index.php)
- Overview of Trustrank
- Aaron also recommended Raes #3 and #4 from above, so you know those are quality.
Martijn recommended these links:
- The fundamentals of Link Building
- Why Jim enjoys building links and talks about link building VS baiting
Still waiting to hear back from Todd on this (:
Anyone else have any great resources to teach a person new to the industry link building basics and then on to advanced tactics?