Leave it to James Dyson to come up with a revolutionary new handheld vacuum. My guess is they are releasing the DC16 Root 6 just in time for the holiday season, when husbands get their wives exactly what they want for XMASâ€¦
The Dyson Root 6 takes much of the technology found in their full size upright vacuums and shrinks it down to a weird looking handheld that will cost 3-5 times the price of your standard dustbuster.
Lets explore the features:
- Cool Looks? â€“ The Dyson Root 6 resembles more of a steam cleaner or painting tool than a vacuum.
- Root Cyclone Technology – The Root 6 uses the same cyclonic action as the full size vacuums to be powerful and not lose suction when the canister starts to fill.
- Quick Recharging â€“ The Root 6 uses lithium ion batteries which can recharge up to 3 times faster than the NiCad batteries of their competitors. Lithium ion batteries are used in newer electronic devices including cell phones, laptops, and iPods.
- Hygienic and Quick To Empty â€“ Like the uprights the new handheld uses bag less one touch bin emptying.
- Attachments – It looks like it has a nice dusting brush. Also has a crevice tool
- No Extra Costs – No filters to replaceâ€¦ I think my dustbuster of years back only needed the filter replaced onceâ€¦it would get pretty nasty though. Still you should not have extra costs when you drop $150 on a dustbuster.
I am interested in getting my hands on this and getting a full review. For the price point it seems ridiculous, but the premium price point did not stop thousands (millions?) of jokers to pick up their $500+ DC07 and DC14 units. I have been extremely happy with the performance of my DC14 and I am thinking the DC16 will not dissappoint those who can afford it.
What are your thoughts on this? Does it look cool. Is it worth the price? Are you asking for one for Xmas?